Thursday, April 10, 2008

No more snow!!!

Today was the first overcast day we've had in almost two weeks... wild and crazy. I went for a run this afternoon, and saw the park sans snow for the first time... there were lots of park features (trails, benches, lake etc.) that were entirely new to me. Running is a lot easier, and much more comfortable without the snow and ice - no surprise there. We had a pretty mellow day - watched Atonement, which we both really liked, and made a super yummy dinner - stuffed chicken, rice and frozen veggies - fresh not available (other than carrots), salad not available. We're getting excited about our fast approaching departure date (and salads, fresh vegetables, barbeques, barbeque sauce and maple syrup...!!!) - our tickets are booked for April 30th but if the team doesn't advance to playoffs, we might head home earlier. I'm hoping that we'll be able to check out Moscow again, and make it up to St. Petersburg... we'll see! We'll make it happen.


So tomorrow... to the banya! Fodor's guide to Moscow and St. Petersburg - "Most people in Russia believe the excruciating wet heat of the banya makes you shed toxins ultrafast, through heavy sweating, and that it rejuvenates the internal organs." And, "for Russians, the banya experience is the way to nirvana and longevity" - Steve's response to that was, "What, all of 58 years?" Well, maybe they've reached a state of nirvana by then, but I'm not sure it's entirely due to banya visits. I am ready to shed some Russian toxins... and, um, rejuvenate my internal organs. I guess it's time to put down my glass of wine (I mean... finish my glass of wine) and start drinking water... so, cheers!

No comments: