Saturday, April 5, 2008

Six Days of Sun...

I had a super productive day today - won't bore anyone with the details BUT! it involved getting up early to talk to friends on skype which was AWESOME! I love skype! And I love my friends! I also made the trip downtown a few times - to go running, to find broccoli and then finally, to meet up with Dasha. The run was good (got lots of crazy looks, as per usual), the broccoli hunt was fruitless (or vegetable-less - but I did buy some yummy fruit) and it was super fun hanging out with Dasha, who leaves for Moscow this week to start a new job... exciting. It was another beautiful day, and the city is slowly transforming itself - coming out of ugly hibernation and transitioning to la-la-la lovely spring. Really, the difference is huge. Sun, almost-green grass, blue sky - lots of people out... and smiles! People are smiling now, hurray.

Some women at the indoor market selling some sort of homemade soft cheese...




This is right at the mouth of the Kotorosl River along the Volga - it was such a nice day!!


and finally ... Happy Birthday Dad!! I love you!!

No comments: