Sunday, July 5, 2015

summer!

So far on this warm and sunny Sunday, I have accomplished two of my three goals for the day - thought up on the spot this morning: I have vacuumed and I have returned a pile of library books... but that is not all! I also bought a tennis racket at a garage sale (though one tennis racket doesn't do anyone much good, but for $5 it's a start), took the kids swimming, went to Costco and did laundry. My last goal of the day is to go running, but it's a hot 26 degrees out so I may just wait until the sun starts setting.

I've read a few books this week, and stayed up way too late doing so. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian (good, and a quick read!) and The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared (another good one, though not a quick read) monopolized my evenings and compromised any early morning activities - i.e. the never before done before breakfast workouts that  may be the secret to getting runs and workouts in. I AM GOING TO GO for a run this evening though - I must! Other things on the agenda for the day include making a raspberry cake and maybe even sewing some curtains. Kapow! We'll see.

Steve and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary (and 14 years together!) last night by battling a few mosquitos on our deck whilst enjoying a caipirinha, thanks to Shanti's booze run straight from Belo Horizonte Brazil via Palm Springs to London Ontario. And we celebrated Canada Day at a park here in town where the kids clambered on military vehicles and boats and ate ice cream and waved little paper flags around. We managed to get a bit of a rest in before we headed to a friend's house for a BBQ - after which we were all tuckered out from the non-stop events of the day. And with summer vacation in full swing, we've also made the trip out to Port Stanley (the kids LOVED the beach), visited a strawberry farm, and enjoyed more than a few bike rides and local park visits. We're heading to Storybook Gardens tomorrow, and want to make it down to a park in St. Thomas before we visit Steve's family in Bowmanville for a mini-vacation. We are loving this warm summer weather and having a back yard with grass, a kiddie pool and a trampoline means that even when there isn't much to do... there is. Yay for summer!

Thetis Island, 2009
chairs and chips, in the pool

summer bounty!

Canada Day cuddles - I LOVE it when they're nice to each other!

ice cream makes any day a good one!

Port Stanley 

No comments: