Friday, July 17, 2015

Back in BC!

Being back in BC feels like being back at home - though I'm missing a few key ingredients (named Steve and Hendrik and Alana). I flew in on Tuesday afternoon and am coaching at the Olympic Oval in Richmond until Sunday; the I head up to Whistler with 40 of the best 16 and 17 year olds in the country to train and have fun and play a few red and white matches. I'm really looking forward to getting to the hands-on coaching aspect of the job as we've spent most of our time so far in the identification phase, watching athletes compete in the NTCC tournament. I am also really looking forward to the drive up there - through West Van and Squamish. It sure was strange arriving here and not heading straight home through Stanley Park and over the Lions Gate bridge with my dad behind the wheel, but I'll get to see my parents in Whistler (and I can't wait!). It's been great seeing coaches and friends here in Richmond, and I've caught up with lots of volleyball friends (and met new ones) - but I'll fill you in on that later. My body is still on Ontario time and after a 12 hour plus day in the gym, I am tired! Bed. Soon. More to come blogside soon!!

No comments: