Sunday, July 12, 2015

briefly...

We've had a few wonderful days here in Bowmanville with Auntie Erin and Lennon and Grandma and Gramps - the whole crew is almost here! Erin went to pick up Fred, and come tonight the Brinkman clan will be complete. The kids may be the most Bowmanville-loving citizens you'll ever find, and we've been out and about around town already: berry picking and play at Watson's Farm, splash padding and playgrounding down by the lake, and lots of treats and good times here at the house. They're ready to go outside as soon as breakfast is over and are back out after dinner - it is great being able to spend so much time outside. I sure am going to miss them on my upcoming 12-day trip to BC, but the opportunity to coach the best 16 year-olds in the country isn't something I could pass up. I'll join a small crew of coaches from across the country to select and train the youth national team (volleyball) out of the upcoming NTCC tournament in Richmond BC - and from there we'll head up to Whistler where the group will train and play red and white matches. I'll get to see my parents while I'm out there - and any other friends that feel like driving out to Richmond or up to Whistler! I would love to find time for the kids to come out and for all of us to get over to Thetis for a few weeks, but hopefully we can plan a big trip out west next summer.

cousins!
berry picking at watson's farm
summer!
from canada day - teepee peek out!

That's all I've got for tonight - after a long bike ride, a run, and another full day with kids, I'm ready to relax!

No comments: