Tuesday, November 18, 2014

winter

Winter is here! A week ago we had a balmy 16-degree day - but not today my friends, not today. It was blustery and awful this morning, and lows were -10ish (I believe)... not nice. The kids were fairly unphased, and Hendrik dragged me out to play for at least 45 minutes. Alana joined, took of her mitts, and then cried her eyes out because I told her it was mitts or inside - cruel! How cruel of me, right? I'm not too sure what else to write about - school is keeping me up late at night, and the kids pile in our bed earlier than we'd like, though when it's to snuggle and read Burnt Toast on Davenport Street (and other new-from-the-library books by Tim Egan) I accept morning less begrudgingly. Here are a few pictures (from le camera) taken over the course of the past week.


playing school - with crowns 

someone is pumped about wearing hand-me-down dino jammies :)
playing in the backyard with our neighbour - i love it here! (and so do the kids)
daddy build, we paint!


love these two
zero degrees feels better - first snow day! (a few days ago)

No comments: