Saturday, November 8, 2014

eek, a week!

Another week is part of history, and what that week was made of I'm not entirely sure. I can tell you one thing - there was more than enough morning anxiety, trying to get Hendrik dressed and downstairs in any amount of time. This kid is a major dawdler, but only for us. We pick him up from school and he flops around on the coatroom floor and then takes 10 minutes to take off his left shoe and then 10 minutes to take off his right shoe and then fish-flops some more, all while his teacher notes, "he never does this for us." Right. We're going to get a timer and create some incentive for getting downstairs to the breakfast table in 15 minutes without whining for daddy to come and put on his socks and then NO MOMMY come and put on my socks and then NO DADDY! help me with my socks (avec tears, of course). Hopefully we can save some parental volcano eruption rumblings and lateness. I must be optimistic.

We went to our first Christmas bazaar of the season this afternoon, and doesn't it seem way too early for Christmas bazaars? Yes. But anyways, this was a Greek one with  Greek lunch and Greek pastries, and there is never a bad time for something like that. We ate pasticcio, salad, souvlaki, spanakopitas, tiropitas and then had coffee and baklava (and cookies) for dessert. The kids ran wild after one too many treats, and then passed out in the car as soon as we were in motion.

Other of-notes from today: I went to a fitness class at the YMCA (Group Power), and it was decent, but a little dinky (I felt my muscles working but came away with a dry shirt); I made banana muffins and butternut squash soup and biscuits for dinner, and then did a pile of dishes while Steve outfitted our bed with winter, flannel sheets. It's supposed to get into the negatives here pretty soon, and we're gearing up - with fleecy jammies (the kids), flannel sheets and new snowpants (Alana). We still need to locate some boots for the chillins, so that might the errand that drives this next week. That and the pounds and piles of homework that I need to do - and should do tonight, but with the tired factor sky-high, an early night might be more valuable than some progress in the school department. Can I do it? Actually go to bed early? I'll let you know....

No comments: