Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 and first post recaps

And here is my first post of 2014, entry #679. It's been a while since I've looked back, so I thought I'd take a gander at my first posts of the year which carry me back to 2008; here's a recap, avec links to the original posts:

2008: We were on our way to Yaroslavl, and Living Like a Local was still a baby. I'd just started the year before, from Greece, but entries were few and far between... I was just getting started!

2009: Posted from Romania, but after a solid Christmas spent here in Bowmanville with a full house. This is one long blog, but so worth reading (for me, maybe not for you) - the events of those two weeks spent right here don't seem too far behind us; we had so much fun! We were all over the wedding planning thing, I found a gorgeous dress, we ate too much, drank too much, went to a musical and actually went to a party on New Year's Eve. FUN!

2010: This might be my all-time favourite New Year's Eve - spent in Tokyo, Japan. When the clock struck twelve we were at a shrine, and the Fab Four were right there with us (yes yes yes, really, it's you four that were the highlight ;)). I LOVED living in Tokyo and I wish we could go back and eat and eat and travel. One day, maybe.

2011: This one starts off with a mini-recap of the first decade of the 2000s, and I kind of wanted to do the same for the year that's just behind us. Anyways! Here's our first January 1st as parents, and the post is short and I am tired. Sigh... oh how I remember those days!

2012: This is a photos-only post, but what you see sure is easy on the eyes. Northern Italy, my home away from home, is not so far behind Canada in my heart as a place that I could see myself calling home forever and ever and ever. I loved living in Japan for a season, but I loved living in Northern Italy, and could have done so (/could do so) forever. Did I already say that? This New Year was also a special one because our little lady was newly known to us, as a wee tiny speck growing in my body. Vela, Trento, Italy, I miss you......

2013: China! We were in China, and the only things I really miss about it are having Shanti two floors away and Club Oasis in our basement. I haven't looked back at these pics for a while - I should revisit them more often; oh the days when Hendrik tolerated his baby sister, and the terrible threes were nowhere to be seen.

And then here we are, in 2014! I was hoping to do a family update sort of post, but I'll have to save that for another day; it's late and I'm tired! All the best to all of you in 2014, wherever you may be!


No comments: