Monday, October 21, 2013

missed pics +

Just a few photos from a few weeks ago:

 Vancouver (dress-up at Ellie's):

Alana as a bee, Hendrik the pirate protecting Princess Ellie, Bee (Stella) vs. Devil (Alana), and E&H
Gatineau:

baking in a brand-new apron... cookies!!
enjoying the summery side of fall at the park across the street
soccer, and running and rolling down the hill
carrots with your dinner?
I love these two!
Thanksgiving:

the boys | dockside | fall walk | pumpkin carving? | pumpkins are smelllllly! | alana, sleeping in
the meal! | Steve can't believe he just lost the cup to me and Ralphie... !! | champions!! | doing jobs


AFTER Thanksgiving:

in her new tutu.. i love it! and so does she....
I finished Born to Run the other day, and I loved it. I like running, so a book about running? Also like. There are some incredible (incredibly crazy?) people out there running loooong long distances, and it was neat to read about the why and how of injury and lack of injury and nutrition and overall abilities - maybe innate abilities - that people have, and much more.

Speaking of abilities, we took Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts out of the library today; I thought I'd requested Martha Stewart's Crafts for Kids, and after a quick gander of the encyclopedia I can assure you that these crafts are not for kids. She has the ability (and money and time), and I'm thinking I don't. Well... if I had the time, maybe; craftiness and projects and baby-booking - it's all taken a back seat to re-gu-lar life. That's one thing that I don't really get about the ultra-running thing, or the Martha Stewarts of this world - and there are plenty of them out there, moms that write for the Huffington Post but also cook and write books and have blogs and multiple kids and pets. (Whaaaaat?) Where does the time come from? Maybe they don't sleep. Or they marathon-monk/night-owl take care of their lives during the late-late-shift (the monk comment: see here). I'd like to be an early riser, but that would mean going to bed right now... and that's just not going to happen.

I made Butternut Squash and Parsley Penne for dinner tonight and it was faaaaahbulous! Thanks to Marg and the Bowmanville library, I can read Everyday with Rachel Ray on our ipad every month for free. I love it! I mean, I never actually read the magazine because it's low on the priority list, but after this delicious turn-out I might have to start paying more attention. The to-make time of said recipe clocks in under 30 minutes as long as you cube the squash ahead of time - I le recommend.

I'm going to Toronto this weekend by myself to attend an information session at the University of Toronto; their Master of Information (Library school) program is of interest to me... there! It's said. I also made an appointment to look at a few books at TPL's Osborne Collection of Early Children's Books. They have (more than) a few treasures, and I get to look at some Dorothy Kunhardt books (she's best know for Pat the Bunny), some Gene Zion books (Harry the Dirty Dog) and a small thwack of hard-to-find Margaret Wise Brown books. Eeeee! I'm excited. Their collection includes an artist's dummy of Harry the Dirty Dog... eeeee again! I'll report back.

 Okay, time to tackle the evening to-do list. I leave you with this - I love them all!




1 comment:

Maggie B said...

So adorable! Love the tutu and the apron!
Glad you enjoyed the Butternut Squash and Parsley Penne.......we love it!