Sunday, March 25, 2012

news!

17 weeks and counting!
I can - or am going to - finally break the news! Steve and I are expecting baby #2, a little brother or sister for Hendrik at the end of August... !!!! I could have pregnancy-posted quite some time ago, but neither of us were really ready, or ? I'm not quite sure what it was, but at 4 1/2 months along now it might just be that we are both less exhausted. The early pregnancy energy-zap + full-time-mom duties were a handful, and Steve with his crazy busy schedule was constantly tired - PLUS, the prospect of another babe in the mix took a while to sink in. In any case, we're super excited and so so so so happy.... two! Eek. I'll write a blog one of these days with a bit more info - how I found out, when, how doing all of this in Italian has been etc etc. We're hoping to find out whether we're having a boy or a girl when I pay a visit to the doctor next Monday, so I'll try to slot it all in then. Excitement! Life is going to change quite drastically once again.
having a serious discussion on night #1 of things to do and food to eat... lists were made!
Auntie Erin and (squirmy!) Hendrik
AND, Erin and Fred are here and we're having a so-far fantastic time with them.... yaaay! They arrived on Wednesday and we've since eaten a lot of food (surprise) and hmmm they've even made it to Venice and Verona - and they've only been here for four days (it's Sunday today, right?)! It's been beautiful here in Trento too, and we've spent a few mornings in the centre, wandering and - yesterday - checking out the Handmade Chocolate Festival (Festa del Cioccolato Artiginiale) .... gulp! I spent a few hours wandering around the Farmer's Market and the Flea market (market market market) before meeting up with everyone at Piazza Fiera for the chocolate market, but with Hendrik falling asleep in Dad's arms (apparently he had one bite of chocolate and immediately passed out) I volunteered to take the little one home. But of course I wasn't about to miss out on chocolate heaven, so this morning Hen and I walked around down there and I felt like one of those super drooly dogs salivating uncontrollably as I did my rounds. I managed to come away with just two purchases: a piece of pear and chocolate strudel (eaten immediately) and a little cup of cremini which I think is hazelnut-cream and chocolate layered together in creamy deliciousness. I will try to take a picture before it's all gone. Anyways! It's been great having Erin and Fred here - I wish we didn't live quite so far away. We were talking about the upcoming summer last night (and reminiscing about a certain night at Pam and Bob's (December 27, 2008) and the par-tay we partook in in Banff after their wedding) and hoping we can get together with most of the family this summer out in Ontario. Anyways, with a day off for the working man tomorrow we're hoping to tour the east side of Lake Garda and Sirmione, a town at at the south end of the lake. Should be good! For now, that's it. I'll try to sneak in a few pics before signing off....
it was chocolate-mania... YUM
looking mighty cute in some new clothes from E&F! (and might I add that "tie" is now a part of his vocabulary - !!)
Hendrik gave me the DOUBLE YUMMY sign when he ate my lasagna - best compliment ever!
West Van Highlanders! Love it!
I am going to miss seeing buildings like these .... have I mentioned that I love it here?
playing outside this afternoon - Hendrik loves it too!
the garden this afternoon...


with 'Nella :)

No comments: