Friday, February 3, 2012

today... and some time soon

So apparently broccoli is now on the table in the bed-time snack category; I was eating my dinner (seared halibut, pepper+lime couscous and broccoli - I just made that sound so fancy) and Hendrik was more interested in my vegetables than he was in yesterday's (still delicious) foccacia. !!! So I shared my broccoli, and then gave him more when he asked for more. More! Broccoli! Again, we'll see how long this lasts for. And our child - who is 14 months old - has 16 teeth! Sixteen!!! At playgroup today I told one of the other moms (her daughter is two months older and obviously has way fewer teeth) that Hendrik cracked three teeth this past week and she looked at me like I was crazy or just got my numbers mixed up in Italian. Say WHAT, she said? And she was so surprised and shocked that I thought to myself, Hmmmm, maybe I should double check at home that he has sixteen. Eight on top and eight on the bottom... right? I'm counting right? And yes, indeed, that's how many teeth he has. I haven't googled whether this is normal or not but who really cares. He lets me brush his teeth and hasn't been super fussy, and what can I do about it anyways? So yeah, he's growing up too fast.

I had an amazing by-myself getaway this morning - I drove up to Merano with the sole intent of shopping at H&M and Zara and was prepared for a letdown. I feel like the following applies to so many different situations: if you're really looking, you won't-don't find, but if you're not on the hunt... you find. So it was not such a huge surprise (or disappointment) when I came away with just one shirt - $10 on the clearance rack at H&M. Two other highlights were: 1. the bakery stop: I bought a jelly doughnut (good, but not incredible), a chocolate covered shortbread + jam sandwich type cookie (amazing) and chocolate milk (also good); and 2. buying fresh halibut. I had the halibut for dinner and it was so so good... Seeing as how we live in the mountains, I never buy fresh fish (how fresh can it be?) but I think I'll give it a try, seeing as how tonight's dinner was, like I said, so so good. And that's all I've got for now... it's time to clean up and get dinner ready for my man. :)

ps. I spent way too much time on Letters of Note: Correspondence Deserving of a Larger Audience last night, and kept these two (1, 2) tabs open - two of my faves (but definitely not two of the funniest). I also want to make this for dinner (one of these days) and this for (my) snack time. YUM.

No comments: