Sunday, February 26, 2012

a solid sunday

After I put Hendrik to bed, I took the garbage and compost curbside, and had to take a walk in the garden, in the dark, to look at the stars: bright bright lights against the dark sky. I will miss this place: Antonella and Luciano, the house, the gardens, the space, the quiet... it is so beautiful. The sun was out again today and Hendrik and I spent a solid two hours in the yard and driveway this morning - in part because we were locked out (woops). Thankfully Nella and Chano (Hendrik can say Luciano now!) had a spare key somewhere in their house. We were invited for pranzo, but since Hendrik was practically falling asleep at 11:30, I fed him and he was in crib by 12:30. And since I didn't exactly want to leave him here alone, I had to pass on lunch next door... boo. But - and how nice is this!? - Antonella put a plate together for me and Elena showed up with this:

zucchini, from-scratch polenta, sausage and sauerkraut... so so so gooood!

Yum.

We're headed to Vicenza tomorrow to visit Gretchen, John and baby Wesley, and might take a side trip into the city. They're moving back to the homeland next month some time, so it might be the last time we see them this side of the water, since March will undoubtedly be very busy for both of us.

Steve is on his way home soon - the team won 3-0 against Ravenna in Ravenna tonight, huh-rray! I have a small list of things to google (Acquarena Bressanone, the gardens at Merano's Trauttmansdorff Castle, Porto Novo and Parma - can we do a prosciutto/cheese tour there?) - potential things to do around here and a few things to do that are not so close to Trento - and then I'm going to try my best to get to bed early again. And that never happens... so I'll get to it.

No comments: