Wednesday, November 2, 2011

november!

Daylight savings time went into effect here a few days ago and Hendrik did not get the memo... he's been up early and I've been up... late. Bah! Oh well. There's always time to sleep later, right? That's what I said to myself yesterday morning at 5:58 when he started saying mama, mama, mamma.... I mean, how can I ignore that? What a sweet little bird. He had a great morning nap while I ran along the Adige, but by the time the afternoon rolled around I was more in need of a nap than he was - and I was out of luck, with not so much gas (or patience) in tank. As luck would have it, Elena (our neighbor's daughter) was outside and intercepted Hendrik on our way to see the chickens - he was more than happy to walk around with her. And so we spent the next two hours in her family's company which was great - I got a bit of a breather, had some tea, sampled some of the new wine (the basement cantina brew - it was amazing) and ate strudel. Oh, and we watched Steve's team best Cuneo 3-1 in the gara between last year's league champion and last year's cup champ... victory! And they're home this afternoon - hurray!

fall colours
Hendrik's first Halloween will have to take place next year - there was nothing Halloweeny about our Monday night. It was just the two of us around here so I don't feel any remorse about the lack of a cutesy kiddie costume or candy or pumpkin carving, even with the ridiculously cute pictures of dressed up kidlets that are flooding my facebook feed. Plus it's not something that's really celebrated here; instead, All Saint's Day is observed on November 1st, and many people pay respects to those that have passed, visiting their graves with flowers and candles. That's my understanding of it anyways, which is much more meaningful than candy and costumes.

Alright, I should get a move on - the team bus should be arriving at the gym soon soon soon, and we want to be there to greet papa. Ciao ciao!


our growing boy!




No comments: