Saturday, October 22, 2011

this, that, bed time

We're just back from an amaaazing meal at Maso Finisterre, a restaurant just around the corner from our place where we both ordered not really knowing what we were going to get. First a salami + cheese plate that had the best hash brown patty we will ever eat, and then pasta (fresh) for Steve and when they brought my entre of massive gnocchi balls, Steve's mystery meat plate came. Okay so it wasn't a total mystery; he knew he was ordering beef but what he didn't know is that it would be cold and completely covered in mystery sauce. Thankfully the sauce wasn't of the mustard variety and thankfully it was delectable. And despite having eaten an enormous dinner, Hendrik was happy to eat bread, bread and more bread, and then some grisini (dried breadsticks). Where does this kid put all of his food? Really!? I'm sure our parents said the same thing not so long ago (hollow leg? or two?).

I have a backlog of logs (backblogs?) but not really enough time to get them out and down when I want to, or hm, maybe it's due to the whole issue of not having enough time. Hendrik has been sleeping so well (get this: this morning he woke up for some milk at 6:30 and then went back to bed until 8:30 - sleep IN!!!) so it's not because there's not time but because there are other things to do - no surprise there. And this blog is going to be on the short side because I want to go and hang out with my husband on the couch. Hm, or I could read my book. Hmmm... okay anyways, I'll tackle that bloglist soon but get back to life with a sleeping babe pronto.

fresh pasta, yes please!

looking downright dapper!

and downright zonked


the last days of sock-free porch time

feet soup yumyum

On the way up to Parco Doss Trento - clear, sunny skies and a crisp morning down below

climbing!

because I wouldn't give him the camera... :(

a nice little stretch before bed...


3 comments:

Maggie B said...

Sooooooo cute!

Maggie B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laura_t.1806 said...

I'm a itas diatec trentino's supporter (but I live in Parma, I don't know if you know where it is, doesn't matter)!!! Only I want to say you that I'm very happy about Steve's arrive in our team, i think he's a very good player and i like very much your blog and your baby is very cute!
Good stay in Trento (and in Italy in general)!!!

Yours sincerely,
Laura =)