Sunday, November 7, 2010

37 weeks!!!!!

Christmas stuff is out and all over the place, and for the first time in a while, I actually don't mind! I think I'd be annoyed if jingly jangly Rudolph music was playing in every store I walked into, but as far as the decorations and the hints at get-ready-for-this-season soon, I like it. Anyways, so I'm 37 weeks pregnant (!!!), and still feeling good. I signed up for an email newsletter from babycentre.ca (it usually just gets deleted) which tells me this week that I "may be getting huge, and increasingly impatient" - I know that I'm lucky that I'm feeling neither of these things. And on that note, I have a funny story. So I went to see my GP the other day, just to check up and see when I need to make appointments post-partum, ask a few questions etc. I think when I made the appointment I said it was with regard to pregnancy (vague), so when I walked in and was asked for a urine sample, I didn't really think twice. Well, it turns out that the receptionist thought that I was there because I wanted a pregnancy TEST and not because I'm 37 weeks in...!! Very flattering, yes, but I'm not that small. Maybe she didn't have her glasses on, or she thought my fitted sweatshirt was just bunchy in the wrong places... who knows. But as a friend pointed out, this is a way better side of the fence to err on than the mega foot in the mouth alternative; now that would be embarrassing.

Are we any closer to being organized and ready? Mmmmm yes. My hospital bag is sort of half packed, and most of the need-to-haves are around, here and there. We went to Ikea yesterday to return and pick up a few things, and on our way out I had a small coffee and sort of (but not really) shared a cinnamon bun (sooooo yummy) with Steve. Has anyone else ever had the coffee from Ikea? Because I'm not sure if it's to blame, but on our way home we stopped at Solutions, a ridiculous storage and organization store, and at first I felt fine; lots of cool organizing knick knacks and things and boxes and you get the picture. And then - I don't really know what happened, and whether or not it was the coffee or the pregnancy or whether or not I was totally thrown off my game because I swear Jessica Simpson was in the store - I could not handle being in there any more. I was overwhelmed to the MAX... incapable of making a decision, incapable of absorbing or managing the ridiculous amount of storage solutions for any and every space in any room imaginable. It was like quicksand... organizer quicksand, and I almost lost all ability to function... it was sooooooooo weird. So we got out and by the time we were at dinner an hour later, I felt more or less back to normal. It was, however, after a mild laughing attack in Pharmaprix because the toothless french lady behind us in line thought we were from England, and that perhaps that was why Steve was so tall - giggle attack. Anyways, strange. And today we're getting stuff crossed off the list: install car seat, set up futon (again), put stuff up on walls (finally) and more. And with that, I better go and help with these things. Until next time!

1 comment:

Maggie B said...

We'll be there on the weekend...leave some things for us to do!