Monday, November 15, 2010

12 days...


Can you see me can you see me? Right, I know... if it weren't for the belly. Only 12 days left until the due date - eeek! I can't believe it. But I think we're ready, and I'm mentally ready (I think) for the wheels to start turning any time.

We had a great weekend with visitors from all the way down yonder in Bowmanville: Bob and Marg arrived Friday and left this afternoon. There were plans on the table and things to do, and most - or all? - of it is finished! Project one was to put a counter on top of the washer and dryer in the laundry room AND to raise an existing shelf a few feet to increase storage space and give ourselves a place to hang non-dryer items. I had zero involvement in this project, and actually wasn't even that interested in giving input... other than good job good job keep it up and making lunch, which, I suppose, is a very important sort of input. Project number two was to get curtains hemmed and up, and sadly, I didn't have much to do with that either. We'd searched high and low (something my mom would say) for red curtains... red ones, and all we could find were burgundy drapes that might fit perfectly in a mahogany study or with droopy heavy furniture. BUT! When Marg and Bob were south of the border last week Bob spotted these perfectly fire engine red curtains at Target; I mean of course they have to have red curtains at Target! So Marg worked her magic and hemmed, and I ironed, and the room is slowly looking much more put together. More put together than any other room in the house I might add... but anyways. It was a productive weekend, and we had some great meals and enjoyed good company - hurray. And now it's back to me and Steve and the little time that's left before the new addition arrives. We are trying to sponge up these days, and take advantage of this just the two of us time... we know that it's in short supply. We are, however, getting more and more excited to meet this little one, and the question now is - when? When when when?




No comments: