Monday, August 31, 2009

packing it up...

I woke up in the middle of the night last night and had no idea where I was - Boston? New York? Bowmanville? Gatineau? - not a clue. Besides the fact that I was coming out of a serious sleep-coma, I have been moving around so much this summer that I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner; besides the out-west wedding stay (3 weeks), I haven't spent more than a week in one place: Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Winnipeg-Ottawa, Toronto, Ottawa, Boston, New York and now, finally, Winnipeg. And it is a finally Winnipeg thing - we sold our house while I was in Boston, and... we're out of here - the new owners take possession on Thursday. Steve arrives tonight from his tourney in Mexico (where they qualified for next year's World Championships - hurray!), and Wednesday we get the moving van. I am, with my hubby and a packed Uhaul, making the trip from Winnipeg to Toronto for the second time this summer. (I will definitely have to calculate my miles/kms logged...) Anyways, so since I got back from New York I've been arranging and cancelling and changing all of those things you need to arrange/cancel/change when you move away. Thankfully, much of the house was already packed (and has been for a while), so it's not like there's an overwhelming amount of work to do; I boxed up the kitchen yesterday, and am planning on organizing and packing up miscellaneous bedroom and office things before I pick up Steve just before 6:00. Will I miss Winnipeg? The people, yes, I'll miss my friends here. Will I miss the constant construction and crappy roads, or the flat flat prairies, or the bugs or the ridiculous weather? Nope, I shall not miss any of these things. On Friday night it got down to SIX degrees overnight! I've been wearing lulus and it's August! Maybe I should just be thankful that it's not snowing or something. Anyways, I suppose it's time to pack - I can't believe we're actually moving to Ottawa!

No comments: