Friday, August 7, 2009

coast to COAST!!

We - Jen and I - are going coast to coast, west to east, and nothing less than planes, trains and automobiles are getting us there. We're not traveling in that particular order, but it's all happening; we've gone from Vancouver to Kelowna to Vancouver (car) to Calgary (plane) to Winnipeg (car), and are going from Winnipeg to Toronto (car) to Ottawa (Heather car, Jen train), to Montreal (train) to New York (train) to Boston (train) and back again to an as of yet unknown location. It's madness! And this is what's weird - I'm blogging this from Safeway, since we don't have internet at home... it's weird! I just talked to Steve on skype with baggers and grocery shoppers so close that I could reach out and touch them (that would also be weird). Anyways, so this road trip is going to be epic. It feels strange to be back in Winnipeg - I was just saying to Steve that I kind of feel over the place - as much as I love the house I feel over that too. I think I'm just ready for the next leg of our life - the married one - to start. After all, we have spent most of our married life apart, and I'm ready for that to be over: beginnings and endings. In only four more days (yay!) Jen and I are catching Steve in Bowmanville, and will hang out there and in Toronto for the week... should be great! Dan and Milka are getting married next weekend, and New York and Boston are on the horizon - this summer is going to keep getting better! Anyways, there is a lot of schtuff to take care of here in the city so I better get out of here. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to a.) brag about my summer plans and b.) blog in Safeway. As far as firsts and lasts and beginnings and ends go, this counts as the end of my blog, and the last time I broadcast from a grocery store in Winnipeg. Adios!

No comments: