Tuesday, July 14, 2009

work!

And back to work it is! Shamefully, I haven't had this much work since... well, last summer. My yoga gig in Romania doesn't really count as work to me, especially since I made a grand total of hmm... maybe $200 in three months and was kind of winging it the whole time (don't tell them). I am definitely not winging the whole volleyball thing here in Calgary, but I am enjoying myself - coaching, teaching, being around volleyball, playing volleyball... it's awesome. There's a great coaching staff and the days are flying by. I went to Walmart the other day to print out a few wedding pics, and ended up leaving with a few other items: a $9 watch, a box of Kraft Dinner, a tub of Oreo ice cream and a book. The list looks kind of icky (all impulse buys, except for the watch), but the book is great so far - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society... I'm loving it! So off to read, and hopefully I'll avoid the ice cream on my way downstairs...

1 comment:

Ericandles said...

I loved that book. I have passed it along to friends, who have loved that book. For me, the jury is out on the ending...but the woman who wrote it got sick and her niece finished the manuscript, so I'll cut her a break.

The wedding pictures are divine (as is the bride in the pictures). Hope we get to see you guys and congratulate you in person soon!