Saturday, February 28, 2009

random question...

Here’s a question that you’ve probably never heard, and never contemplated: What do turtles do for happiness? A few days ago we indulged in some delish deep fried donuts at La Scoica, a popular pizzeria, where the décor is maritime; there are fishing nets and shells and fish tanks and small ponds, and one central pool that is home to a few dozen turtles. They were completely still – no movement, no life – and we felt sorry for them and wondered whether or not they were happy. And then Steve: “What do turtles do for happiness anyways?” Hmmm… they eat? Lie in the sun? There was no sun and no sign of food, at least not for them… poor little turtle-guys! And (thankfully) no, turtle soup was not on the menu…

We’ve been busy with Nik in town – we’ve checked out a number of new (to us) cafés, been shopping (sales are still ridiculous) and have made, and gone out for, some fabulously yummy meals. We had Tammy and Arvis over the other night and Nik made supper for all of us – baked carbonara… yummmm…. And then, crepes with nutella for dessert – how evil is that? Deliciously evil. We’ve seen a few flicks too: Revolutionary Road and Rock Star. Revolutionary Road was okay – we were all kind of left wondering what the point of it was, and decided that the moral of the story was to go to your Paris, and to stay true to yourself. (Also, don’t try to give yourself an abortion – duh.) Rock Star just ROCKS… Steve and I have seen it five or six or seven times and we still LOVE it… such good music and Mark Wahlberg is awesome in it – as is the hair, the clothing… all of it.


What else… Oh, so Ron hates me. We came downstairs last week and found an injured dog – he had a big gash/wound on one of his hind legs and there was blood and matted fur and all of it – bleh. Anyways, so I asked Jennifer for some advice, and she was kind enough to get me a bottle of spray antiseptic-antibiotic for dogs; since then I’ve been spraying him every day, and now he runs away from me. Poor guy. I hope he gets over it and doesn’t forever more associate painful wound spray with me. Mrrrr…

My yoga class yesterday was awesome – I had 10 people and lots of positive feedback… yay!! I was kind of having a blah day – Nik lost his phone and the three of us were just a bit down about it and then... yoga turned it all around. There are three things that do that for me (usually): coffee, exercise (running) and yoga. There hasn’t been too much time for exercise this week but, with a Greek guy around, there’s always time for coffee! There’s a double-header at the gym today: Tammy’s team plays at 3:00, and Tomis follows with a game at 5:00, so we’d better grab some coffee before we settle in for a few hours of volleyball. If I had some lungs like Steel Dragon’s Izzy, I’d STAND UP AND SHOOOUT! for two hours - but, I don’t, so I think it’s best if I let my hands do the talking…

No comments: