Monday, May 8, 2017

post from home

Finally, a post from home! It's one week post-vacay and I'm almost adjusted to the time zone and change of pace, from relaxed and slow to up-tempo kid-crazy. The jet lag was not easy to get over, and I spent the better part of last week's nights awake, trying to convince myself I was tired and trying to not think about the fact that Jordan was sleeping peacefully all night long and I wasn't. He changed quite a bit while I was gone - he sleeps through most nights (10 hours), climbs stairs, drinks from a bottle (!!!), says "car", points at things in books, and is generally more vocal with the baby babble. The reunion with the two older kids was great; Alana came running out of the house to hug me and Hendrik hid... and then hugged me, but Jordan - he played strange! He dug his little finger-claws into Steve's shoulder and just looked at me. It didn't last too long and I wasn't offended as it meant I got to spend a bit more time with the olders before bedtime. It's all back to normal now, and like I said, I'm almost back in the swing of things... Now I need to / want to figure out what's next; work? Study? I need something for me, and I need to figure out what that something will be. For now though, we need to plan our upcoming trip to BC (next month) which I am SO excited about. We'll spend five days in Vancouver and three in Victoria and then three on Thetis Island before flying back home to catch the last week and a half of school... and then it's summer vacay! Which we also need to plan. I'll leave you with some photos - housework calls!

welcome home signs - with gold medals :)
me and the babe!
hendrik made these leafs signs while they were still in the running... love 'em
painting - abstract for alana, dragons for hendrik
alana and her friend audrey highjacked my camera = 37 pictures like these

hendrik made steve a scavenger hunt (my idea) - love what he came up with
jordan LOVES books... these two reading together 💗

No comments: