Monday, May 15, 2017

mid-may already...

Happy belated Mother's Day! I had a great day, with a perfect balance of time for me and time with the family. It started with some presents and cards from the kids, followed by an easy breakfast as I was running out the door to join some friends to run 5km in support of ovarian cancer. After lunch I spent an hour or so at the mall in search of a wedding outfit for Hendrik (found!) and then a surprise dinner made and orchestrated by the kids (with dad's assistance)... homemade pasta! I found the Silver Spoon Cookbook for Kids at the library book sale a few years ago and it's a gem. The pasta was delicious and the kids were very proud that I didn't even know what they were up to in the kitchen, and of course happy that it turned out... everyone wanted more! Alana also wrapped up a toy that she didn't want anymore (a beanie baby charm creature) and gave it to me complete with a second card - it was adorbs. Jordan gave me lots of mouthy kisses (a new skill of his) and the olders were showering me with "happy mother's day" all day (and night - when it became "happy mother's night").

This week Jordan turns ONE, and I've been thinking about Italy and Antonella and Luciano so so much as we were there when Hendrik was this age, and we have so many amazing memories of that time. We were in Canada when Alana was almost one, and we celebrated her first birthday at the cottage; when it comes to looking back I am SO thankful for this blog! It is so great to be able to see (and read about) what things were like - my memory can't recall it all the way this digital record can.  I'll do a more in-depth update later this week WITH birthday pics (cake!) - but for now I need to pound out a few more house-jobs before the babe wakes up. Hopefully everyone is enjoying spring as much as we are - it is the best!

from Hendrik :)

Alana :)

flower soup - perfection!
last week's to-school crew

No comments: