Thursday, July 14, 2016

books + summer fun


Above are a few books that are new to our collection, and below are a few that are to come (I think); Louise Loves Art is one that we get out of the library again and again (and again and again), and her sequel is due out shortly I believe - and is sure to be just as good! But (thankfully) I hesitate buying buying buying every book I like because then there would be even MORE books on the couch and spilling off of the shelves and the mantelpiece and any and all other places where books don't usually live but are sure to be found in our house. 
Below are two books that I was (also) tempted to buy; the library wait list was long but well worth it - I would definitely recommend The End of Average! I've been managing to get 10 minutes of reading in before bed, but not tonight... It's straight to sleep for me, as Jordan had me up last night for an extra feed and I'm tired.

The kids have been Pokemon crazy as of late, and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon Go craze that is making waves ev-er-y-where; I'm tempted to check it out (I have to admit that I'm somewhat fascinated with Pokemon - thanks to Hendrik), but know that as soon as the kids catch wind of it we're sunk... all we'd ever do is hunt for creatures! We play Pokemon, we watch Pokemon, we talk about Pokemon... the kids are Poke-crazy.

pic found on camera - getting ready to watch... Pokemon!
happy babe!
sleeeeeeeeeepy
love these two!
We've had some seriously hot weather this past week, and have filled the days with fun summer activities. We've been to splash pads, outdoor pools, parks, a blueberry farm, golfing, mini-golfing, and I hosted a lunchtime get together with friends yesterday which was so so so so great. My hosting duties were limited to providing the venue - my friends brought food and babies and it was so great to get together with friends and have our babies meet each other (three of the four of us have little ones ranging from 5 months to 8 weeks). The outdoor pools are something I'm not at all used to having grown up in Vancouver; we've visited two pools here, both of which have a waterslide, beach entry, splash pad features - and the better of the two had a 50m pool and diving boards ( = AMAZING). We'll definitely be going back to Thames Pool, and will likely bring a picnic next time and budget more time; after three hours in the water the kids wanted to play at the massive playground outside... but we knew we had to get home and get some food in them before a full-blown evening crash (mission accomplished). Anyways, we're filling our days with summer fun, and it ain't ending anytime soon. We'll get a few days in at the cottage in the near future, and then get back at enjoying summer in the city we call home!

happy girl!
picking blueberries
splash pad action

No comments: