Wednesday, June 8, 2016

june june june


exploring with auntie sarah
June is motoring along and I have things to write about! My sister Sarah was here for a few days visiting and it was THE BEST having her here... I wish we lived closer to each other! The kids loved spending time with her and she got lots of snuggles in with the littlest one, especially on Saturday morning. Last Saturday was the first day of baseball - Alana is in Little Sluggers and Hendrik is in T-Ball - and Alana refused to set foot on the field. Thankfully, week two was a different story; was it because Sarah was there? Because she could put her jersey on at home? Who knows, but Sarah spent a solid hour with Jordan while I (sort of) ran bases and played catch and fielded balls with Alana - and she had a great time! Her favourite part was batting and my favourite part was seeing her rip around the bases, hair a'flying. (At one point she told me "my baseball arm is growing stronger!" a line right out of a book we've been reading called Baseball Hour... love it!) I haven't had the chance to watch Hendrik too much yet, but in T-ball they do 45 minutes of stations/practicing and then play a game, and he seems to like it. He's also enjoying soccer - isn't he adorable all decked out in his gear? I love it! 

soccer time
Things are going well with the p'tit bub, our baby Jordan. He's eating well (every 2-3 hours around the clock) but also sleeping fairly well at night - which means that he goes right back to sleep after most nighttime feeds. I feel like I'm adjusting to new routines and less (and interrupted) sleep, and have to keep working on reducing the number of non-baby related things I want to get to in a day... because there's just not time to blog and nap and shower and make dinner and fold laundry (and and and). It's 10:50 and so far I've made it out for a walk, put breakfast dishes in the dishwasher and folded 1/3 of a load of laundry... watch out world.

older sister snuggles
sprinkler + trampoline = MUCHO fun!
I've been meaning to write about how totally spoiled we've been with support and help and gifts from family and friends - thank you to everyone who's sent well wishes, messages, gifts... and groceries! Last week (or the week before) we were just about to sit down for dinner when a guy appeared at our door with several bags of groceries. First, Steve told him he had the wrong place (nope) and then he looked at me - "did you order groceries?" (nope)... it was a gift from my sisters in Denver, hurray! There was stuff to make a pizza, milk, eggs, avocados, chocolate, fruit, and much more - I had no idea that an unexpected stash of food could make me so happy! I think I should look into having groceries delivered on a regular basis - it was awesome.


baseballing... I love it!

more big sister cuddles
our neighbour getting in some cuddles 
A taking care of her baby
auntie time (yay!)
The baby stirs, I have to run!

No comments: