Tuesday, February 2, 2016

february post!


With Valentine's Day fast approaching, we have had a new round of seasonal books out (LOVE them), and craft activities (galore) have been happening at all times of the day - morning, noon, and night. After grocery shopping yesterday Alana and I hit Michael's for some 50% off Valentine's Day craft decor, and now there is no shortage... though with the number of glittery hearts that get plastered/stuck/taped on any given Valentine, we may be back for more. The kids have been showering both Steve and I with early cards (I have five on my desk alone) and getting a few done for their classmates as well... fun times!

26 weeks (below) - better pics to come!



10:03pm and she's still making valentines (she napped today)
Since I last wrote (which feels like weeks ago - was it?), we've had a few more matches - against Guelph (win!) and McMaster (win!) - with more coming up this weekend (against York and Nipissing). The team is working hard in the gym, and I'm working hard (trying my best) to get good practices out and to get them prepped for opponents (film film film!). Thank goodness it's not just me doing the game prep - with school and family it would be way more challenging to feel prepared for every weekend's match(es). School is going fairly well, though I'm still finding it a challenge to keep everything in balance (I stay up too late, never exercise, and am always tired). We have one month left of season / post-season (approximately), and then I should be able to meal plan, exercise, do schoolwork before midnight, etc. Oh, and get ready for the baby! Things are going well in that department, and I have my first appointment with the obstetrician next week at the hospital where I'll deliver (Victoria General).

It's been crazy mild here - so mild, in fact, that Alana was out riding her bike yesterday... on February 1st! The snow family we made last week has melted away, and their snow fort / snow home looks more like snow chess pieces than a dwelling. I've briefly considered getting Steve's bike out to get to and from practice, but it's still a little bit chilly and I've been starting to feel (like I've swallowed a pumpkin) more and more pregnant over the past few weeks. At 26 weeks I am definitely showing, and definitely in stretchy or maternity pants at all times. I haven't had any real cravings or aversions, but I do have more of a sweet tooth than usual... blame the baby! Hehehe...


There must be some kid updates I should include  - they're both in swimming lessons and loving it, school is going well for both of them, we registered Alana for junior kindergarten (starts this fall), and Hendrik has been reading up a storm (early chapter books). Alana requests Shreddies for breakfast every morning, while french toast has been a go-to for Hendrik; lunches are standard PB&J varieties (sandwich, wrap) while Alana still lives off of her lunchtime dose of cheese. Nothing much else is coming to me at the moment, so I'll leave it at that...

SNOW FAMILY! 

spot the 8 valentines on my messy desk


No comments: