Saturday, January 23, 2016

from northern climes

It's been a busy weekend here in Thunder Bay, and we get to go home bright and early tomorrow morning - with two wins! Last week's preparations for this weekend's games included repeated advice from a number of people warning me/us of how difficult the road trip was going to be - cold dry weather, a scrappy team, a long trip up... I felt as if we were traveling to some remote town in northern Siberia (which, just to note, Steve did when he played in Russia). We prepared well and came to play, and after last night's five set thriller (we won the fifth 15-13), we did a better job of sticking to our game plan, keeping the ball in play and finishing things off when we had to. I also did a better job of mixing things up, so feel like I'm getting more comfortable in games - in  making decisions for subs, time-outs etc. I am SO excited to get home and see the kids, and we have Monday off; hopefully I'll be able to get a bit of schoolwork done and get some quality time in with the family (yay).

It sounds like it's been an exciting weekend in London: Steve got the kids signed up for baseball this morning and then took them through the car wash TWICE (oh yeah) before setting up new beds for both of them. I'm excited for them - and excited to get the in-person intro and tour to their new night-time digs. Here's what I'm coming home to:



There must be more to write about, but it's late and I'm thinking I might get a little work done (or at least get some readings loaded) before bed, before the drive-fly-drive trek home in the morning. Until next time!

can't wait to see these three!
ps. Article's about our weekend games can be found here and here... yay!

No comments: