Thursday, February 11, 2016

update...


A few days ago there was green grass all around us and I was actually thinking about putting my snow pants away - but goooood thing I didn't! We woke up to 30 centimetres of fresh snow this morning, and it didn't stop falling until 4:00 this afternoon. Steve shovelled three driveways twice (not that you could tell he'd done anything this morning by this afternoon), and we were convinced that there should have been a school snow day (apparently they don't cancel school anymore). The kids loved being picked up in the sled, and we spent some good time playing in the snowbanks in and around our place before dinner. Other accomplishments of the day include baking valentine's day cookies, making (and getting rid of) valentines for the kids' classmates, and making a pretty good breakfast-for-dinner dinner (pancakes + fruit smoothies). Somehow Alana kept herself awake and occupied until 10:00 tonight, so I didn't get much work done... maybe tomorrow? Schoolwork and coaching are always calling - and competing - for my attention, never mind the kitchen and house and laundry and yadda yadda yadda. Our team is doing really well - we've won 10 in a row! Here's an article featured on the front page of today's London Free Press; hopefully we can get another win on Sunday and then bank a good week of training before we play two of the league's top teams next weekend (Toronto and Ryerson).

Steve took the kids to Bowmanville last weekend for some QT with Grandma and Gramps and Erin and Lennon, and I missed out - on crafts, some amazing meals, and good family time. I did get a big assignment done, slept all night long every night (this is no longer my reality), and had two games (win and win!), so things were busy (but quiet around the house) here too. Some pics from the weekend (thanks G&G!):




As usual, I'm sure there's more - but I'm tired and people will probably be awake soon enough; Alana's battling a cough, and Hendrik hasn't been sleeping like he usually does. Are they training us for baby #3? Not necessary. On that note I'm 27 weeks, feeling good, and looking pregnant; I've been getting looks from people at school that I don't know but see all the time - do I need to make an announcement? I don't know. Okay, to bed!

No comments: