Monday, April 13, 2015

spring!!!

Spring is here! I can almost guarantee that the people who were in shorts and tank tops yesterday were in winter coats a few weeks ago - myself included! Okay, I didn't go so far as to wear a tank top, but I did go on a nice long bike ride (the first of many I hope) with a friend and it was warm and sunny and I wore shorts. I've been on the hunt for my own bike, and, not wanting to totally break the bank, I've been scouring kijiji for just the right thing. Just the right thing? Unfortunately, I don't know  what just the right thing looks like - mostly because I've been spoiled riding Steve's XL hybrid bicycle. Just like the pizza and donuts in Japan, the pasta in Italy and the pastries in Greece, I've been spoiled, and no Canadian Tire special is going to compare to the wheels I've beens stealing. Anyways! I need a bike to get to school here soon, so I'm either going to buy an el cheapo just to get to and fro, or (this is what I really should do) go into a bike shop to see what size of frame might best be suited for my tallish frame... and go from there.

how awesome is this water table? at THE museum in waterloo

The semester is winding down, and it's highly unlikely that I'll ever take four courses again - especially because the upcoming electives won't be as easy as some of the required core courses I now have knocked off the list (thank goodness). This summer I'm doing a guided research project to present at the Conversation of Women in Sport in Laval in June, so I've got to get going on things here pretty quickly - and that's it! Just one course. That way I can coach, travel and coach (Toronto, Vancouver), and travel (Greece!!) - without missing nary a class. Pretty soon here we're going to do a serious number on our half-mud half-weeds backyard - dig up the weeds and sod and seed and then we can set up the new trampoline. Ee! Did I say that (/write that) out loud? I did. We bought the kids a small 8" trampoline and they are going to LOVE IT. I loved having a trampoline when we were little, and I can just hear my mom saying "Heather, you'd be out there for hours." - because I was. Our yard is a little little for a full size jumper, but with some rules and moving around we can make this smaller t-line (our code word for it - the kids still don't know about it) work for us, the yard, the neighbours and the kids.

Signing off - Alana will probably be waking up soon!

more waterloo museum fun

No comments: