Thursday, January 29, 2015

this and that

some of our latest library hauls include these... faves have been little owl lost, louise loves art, little elliot in the big city, if i built a house, katy and the big snow and building our house. (and chalk box story and the tiny king) ;) 

It was only a matter of time before Hendrik's glasses turned up in two pieces, right? Good thing the guy isn't desperate to wear them, because we have no backup plan/pair, and these almost 8-month old specs are un-wearable - with the frame broken and a lens all out and about in the world. They'd been missing for almost a day, and when we asked him if he remembered where they were he'd say, "They aren't in Alana's room", (read: they ARE in Alana's room) and we'd look and look and look with no luck. Steve finally came up with the idea to give a special treat (!!) to the first person who found them, and guess who zipped upstairs and pulled them out of the basket of stuffed doggies in Alana's room... Hendrik! I'm calling BonOptics tomorrow, to see if the warranty will get us a new pair; if not, that $250 is as good as gone.

In brief:

SLEEP: is WAY better. The last two nights Alana was only up once, and the night before last I didn't even have to get out of bed - ! I woke up multiple times to ignore the calls ("mommy. mommy. mooommy!"), so it wasn't one of those through the night sleeps (what does that feel like?), but I'm hopeful that we're heading in the right direction. Of course the kids have been sick sick sick, and now that they're getting better their sleep wounds are also healing - maybe? Yes? Say yes! I hope so. (That being said, she's still up - at 9:03, and was still up last night at 10:00. Naps in the afternoon (due to sickness and late nights) lead to more late nights, lead to naps in the afternoon - and so on.

SCHOOL: Is fine. This afternoon's class, I have to admit, was boring. Research methods. Lecture. Non-stop lecturing. All I wanted to do was pull a Costanza and curl up under the desk and go to sleep - or catch up on the multiple tabs open in the multiple browsers that are cluttering my screen. I'm taking an HTML class, and so much of it is flying right over my head, but with practice and trial and error, I think I can figure it out (right?). I'm also taking Managing and Working in Information Organizations (it's alright) and Children's Materials, 0-7 years - and that one I'm loving. I'll blog more about what we are doing / covering etc. another time - for now, I should get to some homework, and get this kid to bed.

Family update coming soon (and a 15-minute post) - for real!



alana right now - at least she's keeping herself occupied!

last night - at 9:30, before a massive "i don't want to go to bed!" meltdown. CUTE!
we had more than a few rough patches around here yesterday, and after i told hendrik i was feeling a little sad and frustrated with how he and alana were acting, he wrote this out and brought it to me - to help me feel better. :) i did!

No comments: