Friday, January 23, 2015

i support you, you support me = the best!



It was pretty much the best thing ever, having the kids at last weekend's home game; they cheered - for the Mustangs, for Western and for mommy - and everyone heard them. And then when we got home, they got in their jammies when we asked them to and we all cuddled up under a blanket in Alana's room to "talk about the game" - as requested by Hendrik. It wasn't easy to get anyone off the floor, because we had to, just had to keep talking about who did what, why, what everyone's favourite part was (easy for me - the win), and so on and so on and so on. You'd think the late bedtime called for a late morning, but it did not. The last week (did I complain about this in my last post?) has been awful (really awful) on the sleep front; on Wednesday night I fell asleep at 6:00. AM. For the first time that night. Actually. Hendrik has been home sick with a nasty cough, so he took the first shift from 11:00 - 4:00, and then passed the buck to Alana. Last night was better, but I was still up five or six times... bah! And even though I want to hope that it'll get better, when I do that I feel even more frustrated when it isn't; and so I think that in an effort to maintain what little sleep-sanity/confidence I have (close to zero), I'll just expect that every night is going to be a bad one. Yes? You get me? Whatever, we'll see.

It's been a bit of a challenge getting school work done, as has the ever-present challenge of staying patient with les enfants - but the kids have been so well-behaved this week, and school... I feel like should have more work, more deadlines, etc etc, but I don't. I may be missing something, and will just keep my fingers crossed that I'm not, and keep studying when I can which will not be tonight. Sleep deprivation is at max! Friday night couch-blob coming up, followed after by some sleep, at least... I hope.

Hendrik in hoopswear - I'm playing in the Ontario Master's tourney in March... better hit the gym!

glasses twins!

No comments: