Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 - so far so good!



What will this year bring? At this time last year we had no idea we'd be living in London or that I'd be going to school; so what, for this time next year? I have no idea! To add to the topic of The New Year, I'll make a few resolutions, but nothing writ in stone or drastically new and different - more intentions than resolutions, they'll be. We rang in 2015 in Brinkmanville with Bob and Marg and Erin and Fred, playing cards (Kanasta) until quarter to the big hour; then we sat in front of the telly flipping back and forth between the show at Niagara Falls and the Times Square mob, trying to stay with the least painful of the two selections. And then, seeing as how the kids weren't going to give us any extra shut-eye, we were all in bed and sleeping 20 minutes later.

Today we ate and ate and ate some more (which is incredible because it's just what we did yesterday and the day before that and the day before that too) - mostly appelflappen and ollibolen, a New Years day tradition in many Dutch households. The appelflappen (see here) might just be my most favourite thing to eat - they're half donut half fruit, with cinnamon and sugar - not too big, not too small (just right).... I love them! I may have posted these exact same words last year at this very time (and / or just after Thanksgiving) - I still love them. On the menu for tomorrow are Good Night Waffles (the best ever) and then birthday goodies at the Crocker's (Bob's Big Bday Bash - sure!), so it's one more day of serious eating... and then back to normal. Right?

I really should do something about all of the tabs open in too many browsers (like make a list of them?); here they are:

The Good Night Waffles are in progress (report coming tomorrow) - and all I can think of is the tune from Octonauts, a new favourite show of the kiddies that I just watched (know it? feel like getting a silly song stuck in your head? see HERE); waffle report! waffle report! Maybe I just need to go to bed - wait, I know I need to go to bed. Adios amigos, until next time!

No comments: