Tuesday, December 17, 2013

busy busy busy!

I can't believe I've only posted twice this month... things have been busy busy busy around here with volleyball stuff (coaching for me, training for Steve), preschool, museum visits and Christmas baking - and eating Christmas baking. This is what the goodie box contains this year: jam diagonals, candy-cane cake balls, sugar cookies, nanaimo bars, mint chocolate chip chocolate cookies, gingerbread, aaand I think that's it. So yeah, now that all of that fat and sugar are mixed together into glorious goodness... what do we do with it all? There is mucho to eat, so I suppose we might bring it with us to Bowmanville this weekend to add to the Christmas bounty that surely awaits us. If only it weren't -20something degrees outside and I could get everyone out without their skin freezing I might be able to get a bit more exercise in... man, I am not used to this frigid weather.

SO, because outdoor activities are somewhat limited, you know, with frostbite advisories and all, I purchased a membership to the Museum of Nature last week, and feel like it was the best thing I've done in a while. Both kids were as happy as they get, walking around and ogling at dinosaurs and fish and little creatures in caves. We might try and stop in again before we head to B-ville on Saturday - the trick is balancing a schedule that works for the kids, for Steve and with the traffic to and fro.

Anyways! I'm neglecting the kids. And dishes. I have my last night of vb tonight - a scrimmage against the U18 girls team I'm helping coach... should be fun!

1 comment:

Maggie B said...

What a cute little baker! He needs to have his own show on the Food channel!