Thursday, August 8, 2013

back in the gat

We're back in the Gat and... bleh. After a near month of family, back yard time, collaborative meals and two extra sets of hands to help with the kids, I can't say that I'm over the moon to be back in our apartment in this ville. I don't mind the french, but I don't feel at home in the language; I do mind the second hand smoke. Meh. Anyways, we had a great time in B-ville - it might be Hendrik's favourite place in the world. Photos!
crafting with grams
at the grandma store



And where do we go from here? I get to go away to work next week - ! Volleyball camp starts on Monday and runs through Friday; Marg and Bob are full-time, with Steve filling in when he can. He started training today, and the team is around until a European tour takes them back on the road in a few weeks. And, I have three weeks until I get to suffer through run a half-marathon! I have not been training, but I have been running since ... well, since a few days ago. I'll blame this on my sore knees, cottage relaxation requirements (and a buggy road) and ... mom duties. I just want to finish the thing - no worries if it takes me three hours. I got 8km in this morning, and felt optimistic about getting in better shape before the race. Fingers crossed that all goes as planned. Here are a few pics from a visit to the park yesterday... we sure do miss having an outdoor space!

love love love!
you can see hendrik in the background, if you look closely. see pic below...
he was doing this, for real. it was HI-larious.
fun with puppy in circles, at milestones - en route home from b-ville

No comments: