Thursday, June 13, 2013

this et that

After a good, full, busy-with-kidstuff week, we're heading back into the city tomorrow - more games! More volleyball! Catch Team Canada vs Korea live on Sportsnet, 7pm eastern time. Steve won't be suiting up, but we'll be there to cheer them on nonetheless (obviously) and catch up with some friends - I can't wait! I'm hopeful that it won't be deluging (delugional?) - there has been a serious amount of rain in these here parts, and most of us are getting a little tired of it. But maybe, by the looks of the pictures I'm about to post, you wouldn't believe me...
this girl too, likes the construction site
gramps built a sand and water table, and the kids lllllove it!
I can not over-emphasize how much Hendrik loves Watsons, the farm behind the house here. These pics are from yesterday's trip; we went again today, and Hendrik must have told me 25+ times, "I love Watsons. I like Watsons. I like it here." So cute!
Steve was on CBC morning radio a few days ago, and was great. I wasn't up to listen (at 6:24am), but Marg and Bob found it online later that day; if you're interested, you can listen here.

I got my hair cut today and have worn it down for a record amount of time... mmmm maybe five hours? Like I said, it's record setting. On that note, I find it quite admirable/amazing/incredible when I see moms of young kids with their hair down... and styled. How women come up with the time to do that is beyond me - or maybe they don't have thick, heavy, Hudson's Bay blanket hair like I do. Meh, whatever.

To finish, here are a few pics and vids: Alana pulling herself up to standing (ooh, and she's figured out how to crawl without her belly slip sliding on the floor) and Hendrik skating, - oh! and check out the goodies I found roadside yesterday: a lawnmower and a mini-wheelbarrow! It was the cherry on top of my outing last night: I went for an evening swim (8:30-9:30 - the pool was empty!) and took the long way home.



No comments: