Thursday, June 14, 2012

wednesday night news

colouring, biggest-best cardboard box fort ever, offering maggie some milk and a cantaloupe snack
I said that writing would come later, and I'm going to say it again - writing will come later. My sister Claire and her boyfriend Justin arrived this morning from Denver, and I'm way way way too full of sushi to think straight (a good thing, I think - we ate feasted here and it was ah-mazing!). We've had a great visit so far, with lots going on - we've been to the pool, the playground, the library, I've met up with friends and their new-ish babes, done some serious colouring and mucho more. I also finished the Limpopo book and it was one of the best Ladies' Detective books I've read, I think (sushi brain). If you haven't read any Alexander McCall Smith - Mma Ramotse or otherwise - they are highly recommended; after finishing this one I was left with a desire to visit Botswana and drop in on Speedy Motors and the house on Zebra drive for some red bush tea and Mma Ramotswe life musings. Oh, right. It's all just a story. Hmmm... Anyways! I had an awesome chat this afternoon with Steve - they made it to Tampere, Finland, where the sun rests for just four or five short hours in the light-ish night. They trained today, and do so again tomorrow before taking on the same three teams this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Best of luck to them - they need a win!
Dad with Bill and Joe and Hendrik, now (L) and then (R, last September)
watering plants this afternoon.. such a helper!
And this is hilarious - this afternoon when Maggie (the dog) had her squeaky toy out, Hendrik wanted one too. I found him his monkey toy, and he proceeded to mouth it just as Mags was slobbering all over her triangle squeaker... it was quite the show. All I could capture was this, before Hendrik - of course, because the camera was out - lost interest. We were all killing ourselves laughing...



Hendrik had his first sushi dinner tonight and he loved it; he tried gomae, tofu, tuna (cooked) and calamari (loved it all), and ate a ton of teriyaki salmon and rice... yum! I tried not to get stabbed in the eyeballs with the chopsticks.
And on a final note, tomorrow marks week 29 of pregnancy, and I am really starting to feel pregnant (bump pic to come); I have to do a little mini-rollover thing to get up and/or off my back, and carrying Hendrik around is getting a little more challenging (he got on the scale today and is just over 30 pounds - !). Last night I looked into what we might need in terms of a double stroller (need or not need? tandem or side-by-side? umbrella?) and the options are mind-boggling; google double stroller - and be prepared for some serious overload. I couldn't handle it. Okay, that's it - besides this sweet post-nap video-note for dad...

No comments: