Thursday, August 11, 2011

week + weekend


The kitchen is a disaster, I haven't showered today, I just ate, I need to pack for a tomorrow-trip to Montreal (yay!) and the to-do list is long; but... but! oh man, the fact that I get to spend my whole entire day with little Hendrik makes it all okay. And that we spent whole entire days this week at the gym and all is still well with our world is saying something; the volleyball camp/program that I'm running started on Monday, and after three long days I'm glad to have some respite. I was a little nervous about how it would go with him the babe the Henny in tow and it was all a-ok... he was a doll! We took breaks and he took naps in his stroller and crawled around in the gym, you know, dug some balls and spiked some spikes ... and ? yeah! Week one was great. This whole organizational thing is a first for me, and I'm glad that it went off without a hitch. I'm coaching in week two and I have babysitters - how's that for a double whammy - we'll see how that (again, something else new) goes. Isn't there always something new with parenthood? I suppose. Anyways, I hope the volleyballers enjoyed week one as well; we'll see how they feel about it next Wednesday with the fabulous exit questionnaire I made yesterday afternoon.

the girls + coaching staff

and the boys + coaching staff

Anyways, onwards! We've skyped with Steve a few times this week and Hendrik has been SO cute! He grabs at the screen (at Steve's face) and... wait for it... says DADA! It's melt your heart adorable. The guys are doing well over there in Europe, and have made their way from the Czech Republic to Slovenia to Estonia and are now competing in a tourney there to round out the trip. Time has gone by quickly for me actually, and being solo with the babe hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. Hendrik is such a good little dude, and I'm not doing any of the regular make-the-dinner things that happen when the big dude is around. To be honest, it's made me wonder if having a husband is more work than having a baby; hmmm... hm, hm. I um I ummm, I can't say.

a few pics from Jen - thanks!


Okay, and Hendrik updates. He's started waving (sometimes on command, sometimes not on command), maybe giving kisses (more like lip smacks) and tonight he is wearing, for the first time, a two-piece pyjama set... it's adorable! Very little kid. I'll have to take a picture in the morning. I should make an entire list of updates - what he's eating, fave toys, fave books, my favourite outfit, his sched etc... I'll add it to my blogging to-do list. Um okay, and since the kitchen isn't getting any cleaner with me at this junk-strewn dining room table - and our bags sure aren't packing themselves - I should go. Ooh, yes - I'm going to Montreal tomorrow for the weekend (or at least until Saturday) to see Amer and Marianne and Louis and a few other friends too - yay! Can't wait. Clean up starts... now!

what the dining room table looks like right now... ouf.

No comments: