Tuesday, August 23, 2011

a solid weekend!!

The guys won game two against Puerto Rico and qualified for next year's World League - yaaaay! So yes, all in all it was a solid weekend. There was a full on cat's and dogs downpour-deluge on Sunday, and Grandma and Grandpa Brinkman and Hendrik and I did oooh about 99 laps of the Cataraqui mall - during which Gramps, babe and I almost got stuck in the elevator in a brief power outage (eeeep) - quel excitement. When the clouds parted and the skies showed their smiley blues we motored downtown but then got stuck once again, this time in a coffee shop that heralded the worst service EVER... really, ever. I waited in line for what felt like eternity while slow-slowest-Sally heated my ready-made lentil pakoras-or-something; I even had to remind her to actually give me my food after I paid for it. Anyhow! We made it to the gym high and dry thanks to Bob's Tours - he picked us up at the coffee shop and dropped us off at the K-Rock Centre amid more cats-and-dogs rain, and showed up looking like he'd jumped in the lake. But! It was all good, the boys pulled out another solid win.


Hendrik, my good little traveler, was well-behaved throughout the trip, and slept well, ate well and read well too; he has a new favourite book, Sandra Boynton's Moo Baa La La La which, by the way, has its own app. Too bad Hendrik doesn't have a smart phone or a tablet yet, or else I'm sure he'd be all over it. Yet? Did I just say that? Hm... I'm thinking that I'd better get myself a phone that can run kids book apps etc etc before he does, but for now, my cheap little Huawei from Wind is cutting it.



And after a hectic few weeks of games and travels for Steve and his teammates, they have (/had) three days off. We spent Sunday night in Kingston and headed home on Monday with this to-do list: 1. RELAX! 2. get stuff done around here. We've picnicked (twice!), spent an afternoon up at the lake, and like I said, just lazed around here a bit too. All three of us head out on Friday - Steve leaves for Puerto Rico in the evening, and Hendrik and I are making an early departure for Vancouver; hopefully the five hour flight at 6:45 doesn't mess with us too much. It'll be bed early for sure tomorrow night.


He is a climbing machine these days and despite some no no nos from us, loves getting up on his chair

yes, i love it! what a sweet, toothy smile :)



No comments: