Tuesday, June 23, 2009

a weekend of action...

Leaving Winnipeg - at Kenaston and McGillvray

Somewhere between Calgary and Vancouver - beautiful!

The last week has FLOWN by… it’s crazy. A week ago yesterday we left Winnipeg – and here we are in Vancouver wondering just exactly what we’ve done with the past eight days. Calgary was great – it was great seeing family and friends, and breaking up the drive was, well, essential. And Vancouver has just been aaaawesome. We got here Thursday night, and Friday was my birthday! Eeeeek I’m 31! Anyways, it didn’t totally feel like my birthday – there’s so much going on… but it was a perfect day. After a fabulous early swim in Kits pool with my mom, sister Claire and Lolis Brymer (fabulous in part because I didn’t end up on the bottom of the 137 metre spread), Steve, Sarah, Claire, Mom and I had a super yummy lunch (Savary Island bread is the best) chez nous. Steve and I did some errands in the afternoon and then – why is this all about food? – we came home to make pizza for a get-together with my cousin Mandy and her family. My mom totally duped me into thinking there was no cake, and … I won’t lie – I was slightly disappointed. Over coffee at Park Royal earlier in the afternoon I even contemplated (out loud) making my own cake; Steve disapproved and bought me a cookie instead. Sure, cookies are good/great but they are no substitute for cake. Anyways, he was in on the whole cake thing and knew all along that dessert wasn’t just strawberries, but a vanilla with chocolate icing double-layered torte as well… yum! After stuffing ourselves silly (or immobile), we made our way to Lighthouse Park for an after dinner stroll to THE ROCK, the lookout where Steve proposed two years ago. On our way back to the car after sunset we had to laugh – on the Friday night of my 31st birthday, we were slowly walking through a dark North Shore park, happy to be full and ready for bed – slighty different than birthday agendas of past years. I was thoroughly spoiled with gifts… yay for presents! Steve got me tickets to see Coldplay on Sunday night, and they were amazing! It was such a great show, and our seats were pretty sweet – at the edge of row 23 on the floor… !!! Sandwiched in between these two nights of fabulousness was yet another one – my friends organized a stagette for me, and we had a great time. Sister Sarah and MOH/best friend Linds orchestrated a dinner at Hapa Izakaya on Robson followed by a stint at Ginger, and then the night-finisher at Lola’s in Kits. There were twelve of us, and it was so fun to have all of my friends – all of us – together and having a great time… the wedding is going to be so fun! And I won’t have to wear a spiky wig. And that’s it for now – we’re heading over to Thetis tomorrow to do a Costco run and pick up the beer…. Only 11 days to go!!!
At Lighthouse Park on Friday


And then there was cake!

Happy Father's Day! Lunch together...

The girls on Saturday night - so fun!!

All sassed up on Saturday night - the wig came off between Ginger and Lola's

Ready to go!! We got some strange looks when we stopped for coffee at Park Royal...

No comments: