Tuesday, June 9, 2009

i love sports!

There's just something about competing and goals and dreams and ultimate accomplishment in sport that I just love. We've been watching a lot of hockey, and there's a commercial that they're running that gives me the chills big time - I (wimp) could almost CRY watching it! Sheesh. I'm not the biggest hockey fan... but this - I love it.



What I do not like is flinging flanging Kobe Bryant. Okay, correction - I hate hate hate his attitude. That attitude in sport (or anything for that matter) is just so ugly to me. So, we're watching some basketball... but I can't handle watching him. He's good, just way way WAY too full of himself for me to handle. I wish we could be playing more basketball right now but it has been so ridiculously chilly here - sports outside are a no-go. It's supposed to get nice by the time the weekend rolls around again, and I'm hoping that it does - beach volleyball in 10 degree weather is the exact opposite of fun. Anyways...

Sooo we've been busy, but things are winding down a bit. We've been doing a fair bit of house stuff - taking down old supremo-ugly chandeliers and putting up new light fixtures, fixing the doorbell, painting things, finishing a bathroom etc. etc. Wedding stuff is steady but there's nothing major to do... at least I don't think there's anything major to do... eek. I hope we're not forgetting anything. We just can't believe that there are only 25 more sleeps until the big day! A slightly overwhelming factor that we're throwing into the mix of goings-ons is the impending move to Ottawa. We don't know when it's happening, we don't know where we're moving exactly... but we know that it's going to happen. I'm excited to move to Ottawa - I feel like we're always so all over the place that it doesn't really matter where our home base is but I know that we need it, that I want it... and that I want it for longer than a month. We've only really been here in our home, sleeping in our bed for one month - I don't want to leave! So, more stuff to figure out. Looking on MLS is fun though; it's fun to look at affordable places, really nice places and REALLY nice swank places. It has made us appreciate what we have here even more: an affordable house that we adore in a city that we've made our home. I definitely don't hate Winnipeg (heard that song - the I hate Winnipeg song ("One Great City") - this morning by the Weakerthans), but I'm excited for all that's coming up - moving, marriage... all of it!

No comments: