Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This is an update

Okay so someone other than myself reads this so here's the update. Vancouver is beautiful (but cold)... and I'm having a great time being back. I went to the Sasquatch Music Festival this weekend at the Gorge with sissypants Sarah and her boyfriend the man-blanket, Phil... and it was aaaaawesome. I was the most stoked for Manu Chao and Radio Bemba, and they totally delivered!! The other highlight was seeing Spearhead, a band that I don't know really well but great tunes and a good show. There were some interesting performers - when we arrived Sunday morning on stage one we had a lady from Dallas who announced that she was going to sing about murder... and on the main stage a gospel choir. Sarah proceeded to baptise Phil while filling up her water bottle. Spiritual rebirth with some Sasquatch. It is an amazing venue, though bloody freezing cold when the sun went down! Other weekend highlights included not paying for camping, Phil telling us that he thought Sarah was knitting all night long (it was windy... ???), no line-up for a substantial veggie burger, different dancing (interpretive), people watching (loads of tattoos), gummy bears, and I'm sure I'm forgetting more, my brain is working vers 30% right now. We left around 12 and got home 5:30am ish... but it was a great time. By the way last weekend I saw a super funny movie with my super fun friends and now we can't stop singing the songs - Hugh Grant is a has-been 80s singer and has some moves like you wouldn't believe, and they're not as predictable as the storyline. Drew Barrymore is in it and is cute but the tiniest creature in the universe. Anyways, I think it's called Music and Lyrics. OK signing off... I've got to rest up, I'm getting a new driver's license tomorrow, need my beauty sleep.

No comments: