Sunday, October 1, 2017

so much to write about!

Alana and her bestie at Clovermead
Since I only blogged TWICE last month (I can't believe it) I have much to write about but unfortunately not many pictures to go with the words. There are a few good ones, but the phone photos don't measure up to the ones the camera takes... I just can't find the camera (darn)! And I don't want to spend the money on a new phone either. SO! Hm. I'll work on it (looking for the lost camera). Anyways, we spent last weekend at the Pinery and had an amazing time, though I still struggle with calling southern Ontario car-camping camping. But the kids loved it and we had incredible weather and some great times around the campfire (telling funny stories, armpit farting etc.). We will definitely go for the same campsite next summer, or look to go again in September when it's not quite so busy. School is going well for both kids - Alana is super social and loves it, and enjoyed a first field trip out to Clovermead last week. Hendrik is liking school too, and we loved seeing his classroom and meeting his teacher at Thursday night's school BBQ. His teacher was very positive about how he's doing in terms of schoolwork and all the other stuff too, so our wonders and worries (slight ones) about how things are going in his 2-3 split as the youngest (by far) grade 2-er were put to rest. And Jordan is as happy as a clam at home with Steve. He waves goodbye in the morning and welcomes me home in the afternoon with a big smile and wrap-around hug (melt!). Work is going well for me, even though the ideas and to-dos far outweigh the time available. I'll have to write about what I actually do every day at one point though this task definitely needs an entire, dedicated post in itself. This week I'm hosting my first book fair, so that should be interesting. And of even more interest is that I'm alone - ALL ALONE - for nine days. After work on Friday we drove to Toronto where we spent the night at the airport Hilton; it was SO MUCH FUN for the kids - exploring, playing squash and basketball, "working out" (really - their idea), and watching TV in bed. Steve and the kids flew out Saturday morning to join his family just outside of Tampa for 10 days of pool, beach, and family time. I stayed behind with the job thing and I'm hoping to exercise this week and tackle a long list of things that need doing around here. Aaaaand I'll try to put my feet up sometimes too. I'm just back from the Run for the Cure, which I did with a new friend and we had a great time. It was a first (for participation) but definitely not the last. I miss the kids (and Steve too) but I'll make the most of the time I have... carpe diem friends! :)

When I asked Alana what she wanted to be for Halloween she said she MAY want to be a ghost fairy, and drew this so I'd know just what she was talking about ...
self-portrait, gr 2 (LOVE)

I got the phone out to take a pic of the quote (which is great) and had to capture the gung-ho workout kids in the background

camping! with a 1-year old is challenging...

little takes big for a stroll

camping breaky
we were a team of two... yay us!

No comments: