Saturday, October 14, 2017

October shortsy

grandparents and their gaggle
It's mid-October and time is flying. My week alone certainly flew by - I packed it full with work and errands and jobs around the house. I had some fun too - I hung out with my friend Caroline and her hubby, worked out a few times, and made an ornate-ish hot-air balloon out of a paper lantern and scalloped cut-out circles. But I think the kids had way more fun than I did, spending most of their Florida vacation in the pool at the house. There were other excursions too (to a manatee rescue place, the beach, some restaurants), but it sounds like if they'd had it their way they never would have left the pool/house. I picked them up in Toronto on Monday afternoon and I was SO happy to see them! We had a smooth and traffic-free ride home which was also nice. Everyone was able to make it back into their routines pretty easily (school, activities: swimming and floor hockey), and we're working on getting Jordan back to sleeping through the night. He has a pretty nasty cold/cough/snot-nose, so that's not helping much... those darn germs! And we're trying to get ready-ish for Halloween; the books are out, we need more decorations, and costumes seem to be lined up, at least for the bigs. Alana is going to be Anna from Frozen (we already have the costume) - even though she decided yesterday that she might be Pinkie Pie (ugh) instead (it's a My Little Pony) - and Hendrik is going to be a scarecrow, which is easy enough I think.

I'm hoping to work out today and I need to finish laundry so I'll keep this short. I finally found our camera, so hopefully I'll fire it up and get more pics up - good ones, not the shabbies my ancient 4S phone takes. For now, that is all!

poolside!

the cave was a popular place :)

our three

apparently J loved the sand

a hot beach day!

my hot air balloon craft - it needs a new basket...
at work - i survived my first book fair, and it wasn't too bad (and we raised $$ for the library :))

No comments: