Sunday, November 27, 2016

a party plus...



Hendrik had his sixth birthday party this afternoon at Adventures on Wonderland, a play gym that hosts parties that go something like this: play (on a massive multi-levelled play structure (slides, ramps, tunnels, ball pits etc.), drink pop + eat pizza + eat cake, play play play play play! Before our eyes we see the sugar hit and the energy go bonkers-through-the-roof (wild 6 year old boys - whoah)... and then it all gets burned off - it's great (/ a relief)! It was Hendrik's request (and he's made the same one for his next birthday, already) and I think he had an awesome time. I didn't take any pictures but Bob and Marg did - so I'll get those up next time; what I did get some pictures of was the yo-yo show put on by the kids + Steve when we got home. The big littles were just getting the hang of things when Steve came down with the yo-yo he's had since he was a kid (not that he ever gets it out), and we all sat around grinning as he showed his skills: walk the dog, the sleeper... were there more? Anyways, it was fun. Hendrik's friends (read: their parents) were very generous and we came home with some good presies.


Since I'm not blogging with any regularity these days (the evenings are full of cleaning up, making lunches, doing homework, and going to bed), I'm missing little things that I'd otherwise be writing about - like Hendrik breaking his glasses twice in two days (we had to buy two new pairs in less than 24 hours), or the fact that I only have ONE WEEK of school left and then I am DONE!, the snow (come and gone), the kids' new obsession with my iPod shuffle and their headphones, our 8-0 season so far (!!!), and hmmm... there must be more (do I say this?). Hopefully once school is over I can get back to a more regular routine with writing and posting and taking pictures and posting them - and doing some 15-minute day posts and ? Will the winter weather and my will to hibernate help me out? Probably. There's always something waiting to be done - and right now I should go and do it because I can't not put balloons up for Hendrik's bday, and I can't forget about the Fruit Loops that are hiding in the basement pantry. I will post again soon because we'll have some birthday pics to share before we go whole hog into Christmas.

busy colouring / crafting - love this table! 
more crafty business... so much time is spent here!
bedtime reads The Bugaboo - a choose your own adventure hit :)
p.s. two quotables from today's party I'm just remembering: in the room where all the sugar consumption happens Hendrik says, "Everyone listen to me, I am the champion of FARTS!" And a little while later someone else said, "I wish farts were real so you could touch them." Six-year old boys, six-year old boys...

No comments: