Tuesday, October 4, 2016

this and that - a shorty

So women's league volleyball started last night and I managed to get out and play for the first time in almost a year, and it was ugly. It's hard not being remotely decent at something that you were once good at - and even though my expectations were pretty low, it was still frustrating / annoying. I know I'll get back to being halfway decent eventually - working out and being in shape might help, and since I'm planning on going to the World Master's Games next April (basketball - exciting what what!) I'd better stop talking about it (working out / making time to exercise) and start doing it; less talk more do. How about that Jordan? Less talk about sleep and more sleep sleep sleep! He must be waking up because of the routine he's in, every 3 hours (or less) and not much will get him back to quiet and calm besides mom and a feed. We head to Denver this weekend and I am SO excited - but maybe when we're back we'll do our best to get it all sorted out. Will we have to let him cry it out? I don't know. I was chatting with a friend this morning and we were talking about how this will pass and all of a sudden we'll be old and sitting with each other on a beach enjoying a beverage wondering where on earth the time went... because time flies, right? It does, and I am grateful for the time I have now with my kids. (But please don't make me confirm that statement in the middle of the night.)

School is going well for everyone, coaching is going well for me - my one night a week - and life is just generally quite busy. What else to say? I am excited to see my sisters this weekend in Denver, and traveling with the whole gang should be interesting... and hopefully stress-free. Baby is crying upstairs so I should get going... I need to take more pictures so it keeps me connected to what's been going on in our lives - and I'll have more to post here too. Signing off!

queen jordan and his most loyal subject

this is why it takes us so long to get home from school
free cotton candy on campus? yes please!
playing school

No comments: