Tuesday, April 12, 2016

rooms transformed!

With the bathroom finished and the kids in a room together (and only four weeks to go until my due date), we feel like we're starting to make progress in terms of baby prep and general organization. We've also put together several pieces of Ikea furniture to create a new desk/craft area for the kids (Steve says it can be my sewing area (or his sewing area for that matter) - a good point... but when?), and Alana has a new dresser that fits perfectly into a nook in what is now Hendrik and Alana's room (!). Putting them together has been much smoother than either of us expected, and they're both sleeping well - though because I'm writing this I'm sure they'll both be up multiple times tonight.
Ikea desk/craft configuration | painting away the grey | our girl! | excited to Ikreate
The baby's room (a boy; we have a few names but nothing nailed down) is also slowly coming together: the crib is up (yesterday), diapers have been purchased (this morning on impulse), and there are some clothes in dresser drawers. We're getting a rocking chair from my neighbour, Steve is going to make a small bench, and we're going to pick some wall stickers from Lowe's impressive offering to decorate. We need to put up a curtain, get a few more things on the list, and then I should really pay attention to my intentions of going to bed early (can I bank sleep?), read, and be social. Steve's parents are coming this weekend and Steve and I are hoping to go to the movies (or just get out by ourselves), I have a team dinner on Thursday and another on Monday, and with warmer weather maybe just maybe I can start walking a little more - though I might hit that uncomfortable stage soon. We've had several days of SNOW over the course of the past few days and I am so so SO over the cold weather... I'm OVER it! Apparently by this weekend the better weather will be here to stay - but I'll believe it when I see it.

Tower building at a STEAM fair | Bravo on the outfit Alans | (silent) drumming!!! @ the STEAM fair
Taking down the tree to paint | Bowling!
There are a few other things I know I could write about - but I'll save them for another time. Hope you enjoyed the pictures! There's not much time left for us as a family of four (eek!)... excitement!

These were my last three reads (all YA): Rebecca Stead kick! When You Reach Me is my fave of hers...


No comments: