Wednesday, December 9, 2015

quickpost

I've fallen off the face of the earth! Not really, but for the rest of this week my time is dominated by end-of-term schoolwork, end-of-term schoolwork and end-of-term schoolwork (and family and house stuff). This afternoon I'm going on a field trip with Hendrik's class before a Christmas movie showing in the gym at school - that both kids are interested in (is it the juice box and popcorn or the movie?). I have completely failed my annual Christmas devotion to baking, with just ONE Christmas goodie made to date (jam diagonals). With some time available on Sunday (schoolwork should be finished and I have no coaching obligations), this year's list of treats (nanaimo bars, butter tarts and gingerbread cookies) might just get the attention it deserves; bake and EAT! This should be my one and only weekend goal. We go to Toronto on Friday afternoon as I have a coaching thing on Saturday in the city, and the family will come along and head to the Science Centre while I talk volleyball with other die-hards. With only a week, really, before we start our Christmas travels, there is much to do - but I don't want to think about it; first, schoolwork - second, relax; third - Christmas and travel prep. People are talking about the upcoming break but - and maybe I shouldn't be thinking this way - there's so much to do and so many things waiting in the wings that I'm not sure the break will ever really come. Maybe a self-imposed break is the only one I'll really get? No, Vancouver will be a break and I can't wait! We have a few things planned (Stanley Park Christmas Train), and I am really looking forward to seeing my family and friends there. Yay Christmas!

under a tree in Victoria Park - great Christmas vibe there, enjoyed by all!

Reading Planes, a comic book - a newly discovered movie/book enjoyed by everyone (even the tiger?)

in a cycle of nap + stay up late, Alana has been into Hendrik's bday lego... she loves it!

everyone under the tree!

No comments: