Tuesday, November 10, 2015

travel, tabs, and tagliatelle

This past weekend saw the Western Mustangs Women's VB team on the road to Ottawa, and I got to go along... for the win! We won in five after losing the first two sets, and the six hour ride home was that much more enjoyable because of it. Having spent several summers in Gatineau/Ottawa, it sort of felt like going home; I saw some friends (at the game, for dessert), family, ate some amazing food (I got to go to Art Is In!!! - and wanted to eat EVERYTHING), and got some work done on the bus ride there and back. I also came home exhausted and had to skip out on women's league last night - only to get woken up by Alana five or six times throughout the night/early morning... boo. Good thing I went to bed early! Actually. I actually did go to bed early last night - with Kate Atkinson's A God in Ruins, and so far so good. I'm hoping I can get a bit of work done tonight and then get to bed on the early side again for some more reads. 

My desktop is totally cluttered with screenshots that I've been meaning to file (and share), so here you go - some of my favourites from A Mighty Girl's Facebook feed:





I have what must be a record number of windows and tabs open and I don't want to close any of them! Here they are:

Steve and the kids had fun over the weekend without me - they made fresh pasta, from scratch! I was putting away some new books last week and came across The Silver Spoon for Kids, a cookbook I'd purchased at last year's LPL book sale. I showed it to Hendrik and he latched right onto it - reading it morning and night, talking about recipes, imploring me to make lists of all of the recipes we'd make etc. etc. So the kids put their aprons and chef hats on and got to work, producing edible Italian eats:





What else what else? The kids are enjoying school, I'm mostly enjoying school, and Steve has been hard at work around here getting a barn door made and up and shelving made and installed (it's dark downstairs, so I'll try to remember to get pics up next time). There are a zillion other projects (okay, maybe 10) that could be done around here and I think he's still trying to figure out what's next. He coaches (with McMaster) in Toronto this weekend and we're home - so the kids might be spending the weekend in the gym, we will see! We're trying to plan - wait, we're trying to think about planning Hendrik's birthday party; we have a list of people he wants to invite (all boys, all from his class save for one 8th grader - really) and a few ideas for games and activities (le par-tay will take place here). We're hosting Alana's first play date this Friday with a few girls from her preschool, so she's excited about that - should be good! And I think I'll end the random thoughts there. Until next time!

No comments: