Tuesday, October 6, 2015

palm springs and wedding amazingness!

Palm Springs blog post coming at you - it was major! Steve left a few days earlier than I did, but when I arrived on Tuesdsay night late late late I felt like I'd just walked into a dream life for four days. The pool was incredible, views spectacular, the house and the rooms posh and outfitted to the nines; PLUS - most important part - our friends were on the brink of getting marrrrrried and it was so so so so good to see them and spend some quality together (and with their other friends - now ours too!) before the big day. Steve golfed and I helped Shanti and floated about in the pool. We ate good food and saw friends and come Friday I helped the bride get ready and it was the best. We said this a few times over our few days together but it's so strange that she was at our wedding six years ago - okay, here's the strange part: and I didn't even know her! Well now I do and I feel so grateful to have been a small part of their day. They both looked incredible (Shanti might actually win a most beautiful bride contest if there ever were one - I'd vote for her), and the ceremony (written by Freddie), their vows and speeches were perfect. Everything about the venue was amazing (I'm running out of adjectives to describe it all) - the scenery, ambiance, food, decor, music... and I got to dance dance dance (and rap along with some songs I'd have guessed were long forgotten... but they're not!). It was super fun - beyond super fun. Our trip home was long, but seeing the kids and getting smothered in welcome home hugs was pretty incredible - even though we went from hot to cool, sunny skies and palm trees to greyish skies and falling leaves. I'm thankful for the seasons and I love them, but I also loved the hot weather and the pool to cool off in. Here are a few pictures - I didn't take many... I can't wait to see some of their wedding pics!
shanti and her dad, some signage (some of my work!), reception beauty and the winters, just married!

reception
at the (ah-mazing) house - the men of the house
pics from a walk above palm springs

No comments: