Wednesday, September 16, 2015

some london, some greece

We've survived the first week and a half of school - and while we're dreaming of our Greek vacation, life in all of its busy-ness has brought us back to reality. Though schedules are fairly basic and the kids are in very few activities outside of school, the combination of their schedules, my school schedule, my coaching schedule and Steve's coaching schedule make things feel fairly hectic most days. I feel like I could use a personal assistant to prioritize and remind me of all of the things I need to do / should do - but if such a person were to exist in my life, I'd probably just make them take the meat out of the freezer (and plan meals and make them) and vacuum - and schedule time for homework and planning. Bah! I'm in a Reader's Advisory class and for some crazy reason was motivated to take a NOVEL out of the library (on campus) just in case I could find time / make time to read in the evenings. Usually I'm starting my homework at 8:30 (when the kids go to bed) but tonight, since I'm just recently back from a coaching mini-job (doing clinics for adults), I might just skip the schoolwork tonight and go read something that I don't HAVE to read. Doing something you don't have to do? Sounds nice.

News on the house front: Steve is re-seeding the lawn tomorrow (grow grass grow), and we're having a few people come and tell us how much new windows might set us back. The main pane popped out of one of Alana's windows a few days ago, and since the glass was already cracked and the window won't open (it's an original 1920s window), we're looking into replacing it and all of the others in the house. Hopefully we can find something that fits the character of the home and isn't outrageously pricey, and then we might just do one or two at a time. Since all I can think about is going to bed, I'm going to cut this short. I'll finish with a few pics of Greece that got missed (and should be in that final Greek vacation post - that I will (??) get to one day...)...





These photos were taken while we walked up the river Acheron, a canyon that had many small underground or in-mountain springs offering ice cold water to the running river. It was beautiful, and Steve and I kept going when deeper waters forced us to swim; if we didn't have a group of friends waiting for us where we started, we would have kept going and going and going.

No comments: