Saturday, August 8, 2015

in short, with video!

It's safe to say that in the summer, blogging is not high on my to-do list - wait, let me rephrase; in the summer blogging is not high on the crossed off checked off done and done list of activities. Coaching, yes; kid stuff, yes; anything outdoors, yes; I've been all over the place and in the gym too much and in the city without kids too much to set aside time to write. We've had an awesome week in London, even though I was in Toronto for most of it. Steve sent me pictures on a daily basis of the kids at a blueberry farm (/amusement park - there were bouncy pillows, flying foxes, pedal cars, animals and more) or the kids at Storybook Gardens or hitting balls at the driving range after a round of mini-golf. I was half expecting the two of them to ask me to stay away upon my return last night! I was in Toronto coaching with a great crew of women, and got to enjoy the Toronto restaurant scene with some good friends after our daily coaching duties wrapped up. Whilst away I registered for school and amassed a decent list of things to do before school starts BUT... we leave for Greece in less than a week! And you better believe I am NOT taking anything that requires work or responsibility on our voyage - and that includes children. Steve and I are traveling solo, and it will be so so weird to not think of diapers or snacks - and no whininess? YAY! I will miss the kids quite a bit - having spent two weeks away from them in the last month, missing them is what's most on my mind. (I'll get over it.) We are heading to a ParapanAm sitting volleyball game tomorrow and then up to the cottage to meet up with the Brinkman-Tukker clan, and we are ALL looking forward to some good, quality time together before we take off. I'd better get packing - we're trying to get things done before the last minute, so as to not forget anything. Should I put the kids in the car now?

No comments: